Supports 64-bit AMD Opteron, Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 processor (Socket 939)
Supports up to 3500+, 3800+, Athlon 64 FX 53(55), or higher CPU
Please refer to CPU Support for compatible CPU; the above description is for reference only.
NVIDIA nForce4 / nForce4 Ultra Chipset
- HyperTransport link to the AMD Athlon 64/Athlon 64 FX CPU
- HyperTransport supporting speed up to 1GHz (2000MT/s)
- Supports PCI Express x16/x1 interface
- Two independent SATA controllers, for four drives
- Dual Fast ATA-133 IDE controllers
- IEEE 802.3 NVIDIA MAC for 1000BASE-T
MSI Reminds You...
1. Because of the limitations of chipset, this MB does not support Win98/ME.
2. Please use MSI Live BIOS tool to upgrade BIOS of this product.
Supports dual channel DDR 266/333/400, using four 184-pin DDR DIMMs.
Supports a maximum memory size up to 4GB without ECC.
Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM.
One PCI Express x16 slot (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)
One PCI Express x1 slots (support PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant)
Four 32-bit v2.3 Master PCI bus slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
An IDE controller on the NVIDIA nForce4 chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM with PIO,
Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66 operation modes.
- Can connect up to 4 IDE devices
nForce4 chipset supports 4 SATA ports. (Orange SATA Connector)
- Transfer rate is up to 1.5Gb/s.
nForce4 Ultra chipset supports 4 SATA II ports. (Purple SATA II Connector)
- Transfer rate is up to 3Gb/s.
NV RAID (Software)
Supports up to 4 SATA and 4 ATA133 Hard drives
- RAID 0 or 1, 0+1, JBOD is supported
- RAID function available for ATA133+SATA H/D drives
MSI Reminds You...
The RAID setup floppy disk is optional depending on the districts. You can download the files from the website to make the setup disk.
7.1 channel audio codec RealTek ALC850.
- Compliance with AC97 v2.3 Spec.
- Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement.
Supports Gigabit LAN
- Supports 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Marvell 88E1115 PHY
Internal I/O Connectors
- ATX 24-Pin power connector
- 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- CPU / System x 2 / NB FAN connectors
- CD-in connector
- Clear CMOS jumper
- Chassis intrusion switch connector
- 1 x IrDA infrared module header
- 1 x MSI D-Bracket 2 Connector
- Front panel audio connector
- Front panel connector
- 3 x USB 2.0 connector support additional 6 ports
- 1 x Floppy disk drive connector
- 4 x Serial ATA connectors
- 2 x ATA133 HD connectors
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x Parallel
- 1 x Serial port (COM 1)
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse
- 1 x Coaxial SPDIF out
- 1 x 6 in 1 Audio jack (S/SPDIF out)
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack
The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and
expansion cards of the board automatically.
The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your
Supports boot from LAN, USB Device 1.1 & 2.0, and SATA HDD.
30.4cm(L) x 24.4cm(W) ATX Form Factor